You are hereClimbNYC is reborn!
ClimbNYC is reborn!
As you may have noticed, ClimbNYC.com was gradually drowned with spam over the last year or so. So I'm happy to announce that it is back!
And with its revival come a bunch of new features to help the climbing community in NYC:
- A Google-map based wiki where you can add places to boulder in and around NYC, and everyone can add photos, videos, comments, and ratings. http://www.climbnyc.com/climb
- A wiki of gym reviews where you can rate or add comments about the gyms you use. http://www.climbnyc.com/climbing-gyms
- A ride share section where you can post if you're looking for a ride to rocks out of town, or offer a ride if you have space in a car http://www.climbnyc.com/rideshare
- A forum where you can find a climbing partner or discuss other climbing-related stuff http://www.climbnyc.com/forum
- A links section where you can post links to other useful climbing websites, or let people know about your climbing-related services http://www.climbnyc.com/climbing-links
- User Blogs where you can post any climbing news http://www.climbnyc.com
You can use most of this just by visiting the website, but some features are only available if you create an account - just go to http://www.climbnyc.com/user to sign up. Choose a username and enter your email address, then click on the link in the email you receive. If you don't receive the confirmation check in your spam box. You can not log in with your old details from the previous website. There were so many fake spammer accounts in there that I had to start from scratch for this website - sorry!
New features will continue to be added to the website, and I would love your help in shaping this development. Add your thoughts at http://www.climbnyc.com/forums/climbnyc-website-development/website-idea...
ClimbNYC is a place where everyone can share their knowledge of climbing in NYC, so please don't be shy about contributing! There are already people adding bouldering sites all over the city, and even if you don't know much you can put the basic details of a rock online, and other people can add more. If you would like to start helping with this just create an account, and then on your user account page http://www.climbnyc.com/user click on the 'Apply for role' tab and request to become a bouldering editor.
If you can help in other ways, please get in touch http://www.climbnyc.com/contact. I'd love to have some help with the graphic design, even just a logo would be a help. If you are able to offer prizes for online competitions that would be great too. I'm not making any money from this, so any support is gratefully received!
You're receiving this newsletter because you were a member of the old ClimbNYC website. If you do not wish to receive any more emails you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. These emails will be infrequent - probably one every couple of months - and you can unsubscribe at any time using the link in each email. Your email address will NOT be given to anyone, it will only be used for this newsletter.